Tuesday, 15 January 2013

"I am alive for evermore"





Revelation 1:12-18
12 I turned to see the voice that spoke with me. Being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;
13 In the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the chest with a golden girdle.
14 His head and His hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and His eyes were as a flame of fire;
15 His feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and His voice as the sound of many waters.
16 He had in His right hand seven stars: and out of His mouth went a sharp two-edged sword: and His countenance was as the sun shines in His strength.
17 When I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. And He laid His right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
18 I am He that lives, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

I have searched for pictures to add to the entries as I follow the chapters in the book of Revelation but it isn't  easy to find pictures that are relevant and can describe  what is written. 
I have found a site with very special art but since it is a matter of copyright and permission to use one or buy all on a CD, I refer to the web site and you can look for yourself.
http://www.revelationillustrated.com/shop/

You can also find a Bible study here if you like to study on your own:
http://www.biblebookofrevelation.com/chapters.htm

I will focus on how Jesus is described and what he says. After all; here you have it: 
The final chapters of mankind and planet earth, and  Jesus  is in control. He  will
complete everything according to his plan no matter what powerful men might think they can decide or control.

Sincerely yours, Ida
(picture from Goggle and I'm afraid I don't know who the artist is. The web site written on the  picture doesn't say either))

No comments: