Sunday, 20 January 2013
An obstacle?
Am I an obstacle to you? Do I block the way so you can not see Jesus, but only my mistakes? Am I the reason you are not saved? Am I the excuse that you use when the issue comes up?
"I do not care about salvation. Just look at her! She is the reason I do not want to be saved"
If so, I want to explain one thing. That argument does not hold. My salvation and forgiveness of my sins is between God and me. Your salvation and forgiveness of your sins are between God and you. I am a sinner saved by grace.I am forgiven by God. Yes, I get to work on my holiness, but as a pardoned sinner. I am sinless before God, for God sees me through Jesus. If you look at me you see a thousand reasons for not saying "Ye"s to Jesus but he isn't asking you to look at me but to look at him. What he did for you. What he is doing now and what he will do in a very near future.
He is the important one not me. He has all the answers to your questions. He has all the solutions to your problems. He is it! The perfect reason to accept salvation through him and to begin a new life with him.
And ... I'm sorry to say it ... but you have to take me along with you ... as your sister in Christ. With faults and failures and all. Because you will join a bunch of broken sinners who are restored into a new life in Christ. The old is gone the Bible says and something very new has come. The new life in Christ in the Holy Spirit. We become alive in our spirits with the Holy Spirit.
You might dislike me for one or another reason that I'm not aware of. But I am not the problem here; I am of no importance to your decision to follow Jesus the rest of your life. Because it is up to you alone and how you deal with his call to come to him. It is for better and for worse; from this day on and forever.
A bride doesn't ask her friends if she should marry the bridegroom. She has to decide for herself. But when you get married you will get the whole package; and along comes all the relatives whether you like it or not. And it is a very big family. It spans over the entire earth with all colors, shapes and forms. And the family is "under construction"
So don't blame me and my faults. It doesn't hold in the eyes of Him who sits on the throne and who knows ever heart inside out. I am much aware of that I fall short in my Christian life but I'm working on it every single day. He doesn't let me forget anything that he thinks I should work on and believe me he doesn't give up.
Sincerely your, Ida
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment