Dear Reader,
The eye remembers more than the ear so I hope you will remember the Beatitudes with the help of the previous embroidery pictures.
I have been in many church services and when the preachers have allowed
the Holy Spirit to lead their sermons, there has been a moment of recognition in
my heart to the message. As if God was speaking directly to me; giving answers
to my hidden questions and all those “Why” that had piled up like road blocks
before me.
On the Sermon on the Mount Jesus gives comfort and truth to each and
everyone in the audience; and Jesus also confronts a major lie that the devil
always whispers and works hard to make us believe: “You are all alone”.
In this sermon Jesus assure us that we are NOT ALONE. He has a solution and
a promise for every situation and HE KNOWS what we are going through.
I need to understand you more Jesus.
Explain to me what it means to be a child of God. Am I ever going to
change? I need you to be with me every second of my life.
-
You
are my child and you belong to my Kingdom and I have promised to be with you
always. Pray, ask and knock and it will open up to you.
God, this pain burns so hard in my heart and I miss my loved ones, my
life, my ……..and my own self stands like a huge concrete wall before me … Can you understand that?
-
I’ll
walk you through this pain; hold on to me; I endured pain on the cross and it was
for you; I Know! Trust me! Take one step at a time.
Lord, I wish I could give the right answers when I’m ambushed by sarcastic comments from my co-workers; hurting
comments from my husband; unjust critic from my boss; but I keep silent. I look
at them and wonder if you ever will have a chance to talk with them about sin
and salvation. What could move their hearts? I will pray for them because you
told me to, but also give me true love for them. I can’t do this on my own and
you know I fail in numerous ways but please give me your heart for them
-
I
didn’t speak either. When I was falsely accused and beaten I held my tongue but
they knew they were already convicted of their sin when they spoke against me. Leave
them to me and I will deal with them in due time.
-
God, do you see the life I live; the people I’m confronted with every
day? Do you see corruption, lies, abuse, neglect, injustice? How am I to live
as a Christian in all this?
-
For
each day I will give you strength. For each day my Word and the Holy Spirit
will guide you and you will be filled by the power of the Holy Spirit to
endure. You are in this world but you are not of this world. And I am with you
always.
I’m sure you have other examples where Jesus assures you that you
are not alone. He knows our everyday struggle and we can lean on him for advice
and guidance. There is no better friend than Jesus!
Sincerely yours, Ida

No comments:
Post a Comment