Sunday, 12 August 2012

...time to say goodbye ... again

(click the image for higher resolution)


A dear sweat old Lady has stepped out of time in her 83rd year.
Nobody expected that 2 days ago. She always seemed young at heart; was physically younger than her age; dearly loved by her family and she loved them.
And suddenly ... she gets a heart attack but she beats it and is believed to be heading home in a day or two. She is watching the Olympics on TV in the evening but the next day  ... a massive stroke to her brain and withing hours she is gone.
And here we are taken by surprise; chocked and  we cannot fathom the fact that we will never see her again.

This is the third person this year  that I had no chance to say goodbye to. It creates a certain void; an empty area or space; and nothing but  memories can dwell in that space; and in the end that will also fade away one day.
No more phone calls to my cousin before Christmas; no more looking for clothes or curtains for my friend when shopping on Sales; and no more doing the dishes with S.
I'm grateful that her family could be with her; it is a privilege to have that opportunity no matter how painful it is.

Thank you Lord for S.
Although I only knew her for  a short time I know I will miss her; ... her smile and positive approach to life. Give strength and courage to her family in this time of grief.

I know I have posted this quote before  but I think it is well worth repeating:
“If I knew that today would be the last time I’d see you, I would hug you tight and pray the Lord be the keeper of your soul. If I knew that this would be the last time you pass through this door, I’d embrace you, kiss you, and call you back for one more. If I knew that this would be the last time I see you, I’d tell you I love you, and would not just assume foolishly you know it already.”

— Gabriel Garcia Marquez, “Love In The Time Of Cholera.”

No comments: