Wednesday, 8 August 2012

Pedestrian crossings and U-turns.

Dear Reader,

I have bee riding through the landscapes of the Bible and I hope to get through the whole "country" by the end of the year. Some places have been scary, some full of sunshine and joy; sometimes in the valley and sometimes up on the mountain and all the time The Holy Spirit has been the the motivated and ingenious guide on my journey.
Well this is a symbolic picture so you have to follow me on this road where there has also been pedestrian crossings. In Sweden there is a law that gives pedestrians priority over motorists and if you see a pedestrian standing at a crosswalk you have to stop and see if the person standing there wishes to cross over. Sometimes if the person is approaching the crosswalk but is  not yet on the sidewalk the motorists cheat and pass by in high speed as if they haven't seen the person.

Now; ... where on earth is this leading, you might think ... hold on ... I'm getting there ...

On my journey listening through the Bible I had to stop in Matthew because a bunch of "pedestrians"; other Bible verses, waited for me and I was told to stop. It can be annoying when you have to keep to a time schedule in order to get to the final goal in time. In fact sometimes the Holy Spirit has even insisted on a break and that I would rest in a specific place; a word worth looking at more. Like the beautiful view from the mountain of Beautitudes; or the sunny oasis of the 23th Psalm; the comforting sight of the lake of Isaiah 53 and so on. I really don't need to feel stressed when the Holy Spirit has made a halt but sometimes  I have left the intended route;not listening to the Bible for a while. Then he has finally lost his patience and has told me to make a u-turn and get back on track and it is wise to listen to the Holy Spirit who is the most trustworthy guide.

Well, I'm doing that now; making a u-turn back to Matthew and I will continue the journey from chapter 6.  
If you can understand this picture; if you are in a hurry when reading your Bible; or not reading at all; if God is showing you a special place in the Bible and wants you to rest; trust the Holy Spirit and let the small voice from him guide you and keep you on track. It is a wonderful journey but there is no rush. So come along now.
Let's go on!
Sincerely yours,Ida

 ("no rush" and "let's go" = sounds like a contradiction doesn't it?... But you know what I mean)



No comments: