Friday, 28 February 2020

"Forever Grateful" - Sandi Patty


When it's time to tell your story  
When it's time to turn the page  
How we wonder, how we worry 
How to finish every phrase  
Everything I knew for certain  
When the day was still so young  
Only to pull back the curtain  
 Finding songs there still unsung 

 It was not the symphonies or sold out stages  
I always found You in the quiet spaces  
This is my song for You  
This is the one thing I can bring  
You've taken all that's broken  
Every bruise and handed me a song to sing 

 If I could find the words that might repay  
I would tell you every single day  
You've been so faithful  
And I'm forever grateful  

Every triumph, every trophy  
Every tear that I let fall 
 Every fear and every failure  
You have held me through them all  
It was at midnight when the shadows hid me  
It was the morning when I found new mercies  
This is my song for You  

This is the one thing I can bring  
You've taken all that's broken  
Every bruise and handed me a song to sing 
If I could find the words that might repay  
I would tell you every single day   
You've been so faithful 
And I'm forever grateful  
Forever Grateful.

No comments: