Saturday, 11 January 2020

Will The Circle Be Unbroken - Nitty Gritty Dirt Band · Mother Maybelle Carter and many more 1972



I was standing by the window
On one cold and cloudy day
And I saw the hearse come rolling
For to carry my mother away
 
Will the circle be unbroken
Bye and bye, Lord, bye and bye
There's a better home a-waiting
In the sky, Lord, in the sky
 
Lord, I told the undertaker
Undertaker, please drive slow
For this body you are hauling Lord
I hate to see her go
 
Will the circle be unbroken
Bye and bye, Lord, bye and bye
There's a better home a-waiting
In the sky, Lord, in the sky
 
I followed close behind her
Tried to hold up and be brave
But I could not hide my sorrow
When they laid her in her grave
 
Will the circle be unbroken
Bye and bye, Lord, bye and bye
There's a better home a-waiting
In the sky, Lord, in the sky
 
 I Went back home 
Lord, my home was lonesome
Miss my mother she was gone
All my brothers, sisters crying
What a home so sad and lone
 
Will the circle be unbroken
Bye and bye, Lord, bye and bye
There's a better home a-waiting
In the sky, Lord, in the sky
 
 

No comments: