Friday, 31 May 2013

A bookmark ...



I was looking for a passage in the Bible when I came across a bookmark.  I have many notes, bookmarks and paper tucked between the pages but this bookmark is very special. 
It was handmade many years ago and was presented to me as a gift. I saw right away that much thought was behind the design and the text on the back of the bookmark was signed by a very special person.  
 If anyone would give me an offer to trade it for a painting of Picasso or Rembrandt I would say no because this bookmark is priceless.  I have plastic coated it so it will not change with time. It will stay with me forever and it stays close to my heart. It has also a special message on the back  

“Hi mom. Here you have some pictures.    Daniel”

So it was my son who gave me the bookmark and the message on the back side. That is why the value of this piece of paper cannot be estimated. It is one of a kind and there will never be one more like it.

When I found the bookmark between the pages of the Word of God, it got me thinking.

In a special moment in time God also made a bookmark to his much loved creation. All the parts of that special bookmark were carefully put together and when done it was the picture of a special person; The Son of Man, King of Kings, Savior and Redeemer Jesus Christ. 
There will be no copies or imitations; it is one of a kind message on the back and  the value is priceless. 
The text on the back side is this:
John 3:16  For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
 




Sincerely yours, Ida

No comments: