Russian folk song. Swedish text Lydia Litell.
The daughter of Lydia Litell tells about how her mother got this text working at her sewing machine on an ordinary day.
I have heard about a city above the clouds
above earthly misty countries
I have heard about a city above the clouds
above earthly misty countries
I have heard about the sunlit beaches
and one day, imagine, I will be there!
Halleluja, I must sing out loud
Halleluja I go to that city.
Though my steps are tired and heavy,
they will bring me upward and home anyway.
I have heard about a place with no tears,
no sorrow, no trouble, no fights,
and one day, imagine, I will be there!
Halleluja, I must sing out loud
Halleluja I go to that city.
Though my steps are tired and heavy,
they will bring me upward and home anyway.
I have heard about a place with no tears,
no sorrow, no trouble, no fights,
and no more suffering of illness,
and one day; imagine, I‘ll be there!
and one day; imagine, I‘ll be there!
Haleluja there we will all rejoice
Haleluja, all doubts are gone!
Haleluja, all doubts are gone!
Never again will I stumble and fall;
I have arrived, yes, home with God.
I've heard about the snow white robe
and the splendor of golden crowns
I have heard about the heavenly family
I have arrived, yes, home with God.
I've heard about the snow white robe
and the splendor of golden crowns
I have heard about the heavenly family
and one day imagine, I will be there!
Haleluja I rejoice in my spirit
I can hear the song of heaven
and my earthly bands will breakHaleluja I rejoice in my spirit
I can hear the song of heaven
because I know, I will soon be there.
No comments:
Post a Comment