Monday, 18 June 2012

“There will be a change”



Dear Reader,
As I have listened through the 14 chapters of Zechariah there is a thought that keeps coming back to me:

“There will be a change”

a change on earth and in the cosmic world;  a change in people’s hearts and minds and finally the  major change for the people and state of Israel. They  will be at peace within and with the rest of the world. But not without a massive attack from the rest of the world and God will put a final stop to all the nonsense that is going on,  on this planet.
And Jesus will be the King of all.  How does that sound to you?
When you put on the morning news  there will be no death in Syria, no nuclear threat from any country; no persecution or torture of Christians around the world; no thieves and liars;  no cheating and hateful actions; no darkness. How does that sound to you? 
Strange?   
Are we so accustomed to the misery that we find it  strange if one day deeds of darkness will be gone?

… and if everything else changes; so must I and so must you.

In the Song of Solomon Chapter 2, Verse 15 the bridegroom talks about “the little foxes” that ruins the grapes in the vineyard. I think of those “little foxes” as those little sins that I allow myself to keep; little sins that the Holy Spirit has told me dozens of times not to do;
-          “But Lord, I’m in my right, am I not?  I mean she is acting like a “pesticide”!   
-          “Dumb Road Administration who has put the speed limit too low on my way to work. No wonder I’m breaking the law every morning”  (answer) “You could get up earlier in the morning”
Get the idea?
Big or small; doesn’t matter. What the Holy Spirit is trying to help me with at this moment is just as serious as God’s dealing with all the nations of this world.
Do I believe that Jesus will return and be the ruler of earth as in heaven? Yes I do.
Do I believe there will be a final judgment of The Sin and all sinners including me? Yes I do.
Will I make it?  I have but one that I can trust my life with and that is Jesus and his salvation.

Pay attention to this; what happens to the state of Israel will bring judgment on the rest of the world and no country is excluded in that judgment.

The book of Zechariah Foreshadows Jesus:
Messiah would come and dwell in our midst (Zechariah 2:10-12; Matthew 1:23)
Symbolism of the Branch and the Stone (Zechariah 3:8-9; 6:12-13; Isaiah 11:1; Luke 20:17-18)
Promise of His Second Coming where they who pierced Him will look upon Him and mourn (Zechariah 12:10; John 19:33-37),
Christ is the theme of the Book of Zechariah  and Jesus is the Savior of Israel, a fountain whose blood covers the sins of all who come to Him for salvation (Zechariah 13:1; 1 John 1:7).
(excerpt from http://www.gotquestions.org/Book-of-Zechariah.html)

Sincerely yours, Ida

No comments: