
Dear Reader,
A new year and a new approach to my Bible reading. I'm going to read the Bible this year as if I have never read it before, and the Holy Spirit will show me new things and point out what I have overlooked before. Jesus said the Holy Spirit will be a "Helper" and the first priority of the Holy Spirit must be to reveal God's words to God's children right?
The title of this post comes from Matthew 3:17. Jesus has been baptized and a voice from heaven says
" This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased"
The Swedish Folkbible says ... my Son the beloved; in Him I have my joy.
It got me thinking ...and maybe I'm just carried away in my thoughts .... but imagine the conversation in heaven before Jesus enters this world ... Jesus saying goodbye and the Father says ...
I love you Son, you have always been my joy .... You are going on a hard and difficult mission ... but remember this; I love you and you and I are united as one; forever .....
From time to time Jesus went away from the crowds to spend time talking with his Father and somehow I picture him resting his head on his Father's lap just listening to his assurance ... I love you Son, you are my constant joy...
That love gave Jesus strength to carry out his mission to save the world ... and so the Father also tells us, because of what Jesus did on the cross, that we are loved, that we are his joy ...
Can we really understand and fathom that love of God?
Sincerely yours,
Ida
No comments:
Post a Comment