Dear friend,The picture above is one of my favorite pictures of stained glass windows. Yesterday I came to think of some Bible verses that are connected to the angel with the crown.
In 2 Timothy 4:7-8 it says
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge will award to me on that day - and not only to me but also to all who have longed for his appearing.
In 1 Peter 5:4 it says
When the Chief Shepherd appears you will receive the crown of glory that will never fade away.
In Revelation 2:10 it says
... Be faithful even to the point of death and I will give you the crown of life.
When my crown is given to me one day I think the place for it will not be on my head but at the feet of Jesus. He is worthy of it.
Sincerely Yours,
Ida
(This stained glass window can be found at the Woodlawn Cemetery, New York City. It is photographed by art historian Lee Sandstead. You can find his gallery here; http://www.sandstead.com/gallery.html. Click on the picture for a higher resolution)
No comments:
Post a Comment