Monday, 7 June 2010

Flowers from God …



Dear Friend,

A pen friend from Florida, wrote in a mail:

"If we are God's children, we can see all things as coming from Him."

Several months ago I got a present from God. When I came to the office and entered my room there was a flower standing on the windowsill. I haven't had any flower there before and didn't know who put it there.
The cleaning lady came in the corridor and I asked her if she had put it there. She smiled and said yes. She had taken the top from a plant in the waiting room and re-planted it in a flower pot. I thanked her and told her it was a very nice surprise.

This doesn't sound too exciting, but it is to me. This cleaning lady had been very silent and looking down most of the time. She had done her work in a quiet way and been kind of invisible to the rest of the staff. Somebody even complained that she didn’t answer when spoken to.

I decided to greet her every morning or whenever we would meet in the corridor. Eventually she started to respond to my small talk and also made some short comments. And now I got a flower and a smile from her. What made my heart also jump with joy was that in morning when I was driving to work I said something like "… dear God, I would be grateful if you remembered me too". And so he gave me a flower and he used somebody who doesn’t even know that she is a messenger from God.


I know God likes to give flowers because it has happened before. Years ago after doing some grocery shopping I stopped by at a garden center just to walk around and look at all the beautiful flowers. I was feeling very low and it was comforting to wander around. For a moment it would take my mind off some serious problems at the time.

I ended up buying topsoil for my flowerppots and when I stood at the counter the owner put an orchid in my bag. I said:” I didn't pay for an orchid” but he answered "Today is a day for an orchid” and I left with a very beautiful flower. I cried in the car because God had shown me he cared and it was like he wanted to say “Cheer up child; it isn’t as bad as you think and I’m still in control”

So I totally agree with my friend's sentence. What was it Apostle James wrote again?

“Every good and perfect gift is from above coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows”.

James1:17

Sincerely yours,

Ida

No comments: