Tuesday, 25 May 2010

I am confident of this




-->
that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. (Phil 1:6)
Dear Friend,
These past weeks have been hectic for the farmers in our area. As soon as the fields dried up they started their work from dusk to dawn. I have passed them mornings and nights and seen the changes and eventually they have made the final sowing and the fields lay there waiting for the seeds to grow.
As a former farmer I know how endless it seems; looking out on the field with dry, hard ploughed furrows and knowing all the works that has to be done in order to achieve the harvest in the fall. At first it is a rather bumpy ride over the field but after several rounds with the harrow the surface gets smoother and finally you have a field ready for the sowing machine. After the sowing machine you have to use a roller to make the seed stay in the ground and at the same time you flatten the ground even more to make it easier for the man handling the harvester.
And I was thinking about you and me as Christians; the fields of our hearts worked on by the Holy Spirit. What fields is he plowing, harrowing and sowing in your life? What does it look like when he ponders over the soil of your heart? Are there stones; weeds, hardened and dry land? I think you get the picture and what I like you to consider is this; don’t think for one moment that He will let any field of your heart stay unaltered and left alone. There is a sign put down in the soil of your heart where it says: “Work in progress.”
Sincerely Yours,
Ida

No comments: